InControl Technologies is a recognized leader in the environmental industry, specializing in environmental assessment and remediation services. InControl Technologies was founded in 1997 and has continuously grown and expanded, particularly in the past five years. We currently operate offices in Houston and Dallas, Texas. Our company offers a unique opportunity to be involved in various stages of individual projects and several facets of the environmental industry. We are currently seeking highly motivated applicants for Geologist/Project Manager and Environmental Due Diligence Manager positions. Interested applicants should submit their information in the form below.
Geologist / Project Manager
InControl Technologies is seeking a highly motivated Geologist / Project Manager with 5-7 years of experience in environmental soil and groundwater investigations and business development. InControl Technologies’ headquarters is based in Houston, Texas, and we would like to continue developing our business in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The position is a combination of working-from-home and field activities. The candidate shall be based out of the Dallas, Texas area because the position includes local on-site field work.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Business development in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
- Planning and managing soil and groundwater investigations
- Soil and groundwater sampling
- Conduct field activities associated with soil/groundwater investigation and remediation projects
- Perform environmental investigations, collect environmental data, and assist with initial environmental site assessments and investigations
- Review, tabulate, and interpret field data
- Prepare and write of technical reports
- Maintain communication with the Houston headquarters office
Education and Training:
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience in completing soil and groundwater investigations
- Minimum of a B.S. in Geology or related sciences is required
- Professional Geoscientist (PG) license is required
- 40hr OSHA HAZWOPER training, or equivalent, preferred but not required
Required Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the US and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Willingness and ability to travel and work in various outdoor site conditions and project locations (50% field work, could include limited overnight travel)
- Willingness and ability to work efficiently and independently from home as this a remote position
- Ability to pass a workplace physical, drug screening, and background check
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, potential clients, company personnel, and regulatory personnel
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
Environmental Due Diligence Manager
InControl Technologies is actively seeking an experienced engineer, geologist, or environmental scientist to lead our expanding environmental due diligence practice and support our related environmental services and compliance programs. The position is to be based out of our Houston office. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in conducting environmental due diligence including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments for both public- and private-sector clients. The candidate will also have a proven track record of building new clients and connections with local and regional lending institutes.
- Planning, managing, and preparing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) conducted under current ASTM International Standards, including compliance reviews and support for industrial and commercial property transactions.
- Provide senior level oversight of Phase I ESAs and site investigation reports including review, interpretation, and application of appropriate regulations and compliance requirements. Knowledge of State and Federal Regulatory requirements is a must.
- Develop and scope investigation strategies for site assessments and Phase II ESAs.
- Conduct multi-media audits and compliance inspections.
- Clearly convey environmental information and regulatory requirements associated with property transactions and due diligence findings.
- Interact with regulatory agencies including the TCEQ and EPA.
- Manage a group of environmental and due diligence professionals while building the company’s Environmental Site Assessment program.
The following is a list of preferred qualifications for the successful applicant:
- BS or MS in civil/environmental engineering, geology, environmental science, or related field
- PE or PG registration is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in completing Phase I ESAs, EAs or EISs including due diligence assessments, natural resource, and compliance projects for banks, institutional lenders and private-sector clients
- 5+ years of experience in staff management and oversight including direct contacts working with banks and lending institutions
- HAZWOPER and related health and safety certifications
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to manage and direct of team of professionals while maintaining a strict attention to detail over multiple projects and build new work
- Applicant should also have knowledge of other environmental areas commonly associated with the ESA Market including:
- Natural resources, wetlands, and environmental permitting experience, especially for industrial sector clients and infrastructure projects
- Hazardous Building Material Survey (HBMS) planning, oversight, and reporting.
- Asbestos abatement design strategies and cost estimation
- Stormwater and wastewater compliance support
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a team-oriented environment supporting the professional development of the project team. InControl Technologies is committed to high standards for quality and team efforts to meet our clients demanding needs. We have a reputation of being responsive to our client’s needs even under the most demanding project schedules. The firm offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including profit sharing and bonuses.
Interested in applying for a position with InControl Technologies?