InControl Technologies is a fast-paced company offering a variety of growth and project opportunities in a small office setting. InControl Technologies is a family-owned business operating for over 25 years. Our team is known for providing efficient and reliable services with quick turnaround times and a purpose of progressing sites to closure. InControl Technologies offers a unique experience in which our employees gain exposure to various types and stages of projects as well as a variety of clients. We perform work for state and local governments, property developers, and industrial clients. InControl’s services include, but not limited to: Phase I & II ESAs, soil and groundwater investigations, site remediation, asbestos consulting, and environmental engineering. The majority of our work is performed in the Harris County area; however, we do provide services statewide and the occasional out-of-state project.
We are currently accepting applications. Interested applicants should submit their information in the form below.
InControl Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and follows non-discriminatory practices.
Junior Staff Environmental Geologist
InControl Technologies is seeking a highly motivated Environmental Geologist with 0-2 years of experience in environmental soil and groundwater investigations. The position is based out of our office in north Houston. This position’s responsibilities are primarily field related.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conduct various field activities under the direction of a project manager
- Conduct field activities associated with soil/groundwater investigation and remediation projects
- Perform environmental investigations, collect environmental data, and assist with initial environmental site assessments and investigations
- Oversee and manage subcontractors (e.g., drillers) in the field
- Communicate with project managers and subcontractors regarding projects
- Support the preparation and writing of technical documents, including:
- Write and maintain diligent field notes and site photos
- Review, tabulate, and interpret field data
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Minimum of a B.S. in Geology, Engineering, or related sciences, with an emphasis in environmental sciences, is required
- Zero (0) to two (2) years of experience in environmental consulting
- Geoscientist-In-Training (GIT) is strongly preferred (PG is also acceptable); proof will be required for verification
- 40hr OSHA HAZWOPER training, or equivalent, preferred but not required
Required Skills/Abilities/Physical Requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the US and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Willingness and ability to travel and work in various outdoor site conditions and project locations (80-90% field work, approx. 10-20% overnight travel)
- Ability to pass a workplace physical, drug screening, and background check
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, potential clients, company personnel, and regulatory personnel
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
Interested in applying for a position with InControl Technologies?
Send us your information!